Guidelines For Using a French Coffee Press
Avoiding hazards and damage with a french press
Handle your french coffee press gently and with proper care and caution, in order to avoid damage to the pot and hazards to yourself or others.
Here's a list of "don'ts" to avoid when using the french press.
Things to Avoid When Using a French Press
- Don't fill it up to the top, leave some space
- Don't place the coffee press on a wet or non-stable surface
- Don't use fine grind, it can clog the filter; use a coarse grind
- Don't push down the plunger with force
- Don't stir with a metal spoon or use any abrasive material - it can cause the pot to crack
- Don't place the frenchpress on the stove top
- Don't use a french press pot with cracks or scracthes
- Don't place it within reach of children
- Don't touch the pot after pouring in the boiled water - it's HOT!
More french press tips:
Tips and Techniques on using a french coffee press
French Press Coffee - instructions how to make coffee with a french press
French Press vs. Drip Coffee
Add Your Own French Coffee-Press Tip
Tell Us Your Hot Coffee Story
Do you have a great coffee story about this? Share it with the rest of us!
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Use this search feature to find it